View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks, Don, that's interesting. One of my reasons for this not being on of my favourite Dickens novel (but that still puts it WAY above most other authors ) is that I find "little Nell" to just be "too good". Mind you, I think it's true to say in general that Dickens' "bad" characters are often more interesting people than his heroes. Given a choice between a "night on the town" with Oliver Twist or with Fagin, I'd go with Fagin every time! I'm not saying that's universally true - not sure I'd fancy a night out with Uriah Heep .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote