View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by garlicshampoo View Post
If we don't go by the battery percentage, how should we decide when to charge the device? I usually do it when the battery level drops below 20% (I inherit this habit from charging my smartphone, though I'm sure the two batteries are different). Do you only charge it when the device is completely out of battery and does not turn on anymore? Or do you use a different gauge?
The battery indicator is a bit nonsense on most (all?) of these devices, except in the most generic terms. Maybe it's different on the Clara, but on my H2O it can easily drop to 90% or 80% super quickly, drop only a percent or two per day from 80-60, drop somewhat slowly to about 30% and then it'll display 20% for a little while but the device will be dead any moment (i.e., 20% means what you think 1% means). The important thing is that it lasts a couple of weeks or more on a charge so it doesn't really matter. NB This is not KOReader specific, you see the exact same thing in Nickel, unless they've implemented an adjusted curve these days to make it seem more gradual.

Definitely charge it at any value under 50% if you intend to use it all weekend without easy access to a charger just in case, and somewhere above 30% for "regular" use.

I'm not sure why you'd expect KOReader to drain more — it sure doesn't for me. If true that would mean either some kind of bug related to your device or how you use it, or Nickel's managed to greatly up their energy efficiency.

PS Have you set your wifi to auto turn off? If it's always on vs only on when requested that could easily explain a big difference.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote