View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 02:51 PM   #1
garlicshampoo
garlicshampoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Question Noticeable Battery Drain on KOReader - Kobo Clara HD

Hello all, I have a 2 months old Kobo Clara. I installed KOReader two days ago and was very happy with it except for the fast, noticeable battery drain. I've done my research but haven't found an answer.

Within two days of installation my battery drained 20%, a rate I've never seen before while being on the stock reader. The overnight drain (observed after the first night) was 3% which is significant given the overall battery performance on the device. I just switched back to the stock reader the second night and battery level stays the same.

For context: 1-I'm usually able to use the device for a few weeks before charging it. I barely notice the battery dropping, and it certainly does not drop 10% or more in a day. 2-I set up KOReader using the one-step installation script. When I first set it up I tinkered around with some customization which might have required more battery, but I stopped doing that after noticing the fast drain and it still didn't change things. 3-The battery drain happens regardless of the book I'm reading, so it's unlikely due to one "bad" book. I read almost exclusively epub. 4-Some answers I read in other threads mention that the battery gauge on Kobo devices is unreliable, but I've found it accurate so far.

Is this a common issue? What can I do to fix this? I really want to stick with KOReader if that's possible. I'm being spoiled by the page turn speed and calendar view of the reading stats, among other neat features.
garlicshampoo is offline   Reply With Quote