View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 10:38 AM   #52
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Why would that be a strange combination? I still use my more than 5 year old Voyage every day, and Jon stated that he is still using his original H2O. I also have readers older than that which are used occasionally. As to the question of whether or not an "avid reader" would still be using an older reader, I read 125 books last year, according to Goodreads. Would that be considered an "avid reader"?

Shari
maybe 5 years is not the best cut off- I upgraded once it became practical to read on a 300+ ppi device, but maybe others are not that fussed.

I know Jon still speaks fondly of sony e-readers but if I still had mine I'd probably be horrified at the screen resolution, when compared to a current Kindle or Kobo.

also, compared to upgrading a smart phone ( & who has 5 year old smart phones) upgrading an e-ink reader is relatively cheap

how old is KFX now ? or to rephrase, how many years back do we have to look to find non kfx-capable readers ( as this sub-discussion comes from whether amazon could afford to enforce kfx and drop older formats )
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote