View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 04:23 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
1)
The internal memory of the Touch HD is on a MicroSD on the mainboard. The accessable data partition is one of 6 or 7, which are on this card. Filesystem checks and repairs from the outside have proven to bee not reliable.
Experience with others models have shown that this solution (MicroSD cards as internal memory) is not as reliable as hoped and often the signs for failing internal cards are not really good to read. The only way to find out if the internal MicroSD is corrupted is to open the device, take the thing out and check it unmounted on a Linux machine. Since the TouchHD is glued together, this is a risky process I would not recommend. This comes together with the fact, that cloning of the internal MicroSD is almost impossible.

2)
Knowing the above I tend to keep my books on an external MicroSD to reduce the chances of an internal MicroSD failure. If my system would show some symptoms of corruption, regarding the internal filesystem, I would try to recreate the same settings with an external microsSD and delete all the books from the internal system, to find out, if the problem still persists. There may be other logic ways to try to find a bug in the filesystem but this is what I would do.

3)
Keeping the 1)&2) in mind I think it is a quite cheap solution to buy a MicroSD card.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote