View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #2401
ziggy9942
ziggy9942 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
So, uh, possibly a noobish question, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I've got some 250 fics/quests downloaded, and of those about fifty update regularly. The update function works without much issue, other than the SB/SV issues everyone's got, and those aren't a problem since I moved over to the test version. On my computer, everything updates normally, and I can read the latest update on the ebook version I have downloaded.

The problem is with my device. I can't figure out why, but once I sent the ebooks over to my Kindle Fire HD8, that's the version that's permanently on the device. I can delete my library from my KFHD, but even if I do that, if I send the ebooks from my computer to it, it's still stuck on the old version.

Example: Intrepid, in my Calibre library, has 168 chapters. Intrepid, the same story, on my device, has 165. I can delete Intrepid from my KFHD and send the Calibre version over... but it still only has 165 chapters for some reason. I've gotten around this once, by changing the format of the ebook I'm sending over to mobi, but I can only do that one more time by switching to pdf; the azw3 format I formerly used only sends over 163 chapter of that story.

Can someone explain just why this is happening? Or is this a calibre problem, rather than a FFF problem? I'm not too concerned by the problem itself, I'm more curious as to what would cause it.

Last edited by ziggy9942; 08-16-2017 at 02:23 PM.
ziggy9942 is offline   Reply With Quote