View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #45
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I totally agree, but I'm coming to it with the expectation that it'll be a slightly better booklight, not that it'll be like an evenly illuminated backlit LCD screen, because I know that this type of lighting system won't produce even illumination.
I wish it were even the same as a booklight. It's not the shadows that are the problem, it's the pastels in many cases, and there is no way of getting rid of them, unless you switch "off" the light, only that then the contrast is worse than on the K4s I have. I must admit that I have been thinking of just sliding the light slider to zero and using a booklight with it, but it seems a bit nonsensical to do this with the PW. Or keep the PW for daytime use, because I really like the interface, and use the K4 at night. Again, seems a bit nonsensical to do so.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote