View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #12
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
In my personal opinion, Pearl technology is a bit overrated and overhyped these days. The improvements over the Vizplex panels are not that overwhelming. I recently had the chance to check out a Kindle 3 in the real life and compare it to my Pocketbook 903 and was pretty astonished how small the difference in viewing quality was. Yes it is true that on Pearl panels the text is a bit darker and slightly sharper and it is said in the whitepapers that the Pearl panels consume less energy. Of course, Pearl can also do faster page-turns.
Still, Vizplex is used on the majority of devices in production right now.

Last edited by pbmaniac; 09-25-2011 at 11:42 AM.
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote