View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #24
korrosiv
korrosiv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Amazon's answer

My father received its Kindle 3 on monday (10 January). Same problem, so I wrote to Amazon in his name and I'm posting the answer here so it can help the rest. I'm writing from Spain, so it applies to the Eur version.

Original help request:
Quote:
My son recommended Kindle to me. And I'm satisfied. But I encountered a problem. Sometimes WiFi enables itself, without enabling it manually (with the consequent extra power consumption). So I tried to update to the same version my son has (3.03 early preview). I'm currently in 3.02. I follow the steps carefully. But when I have to select Update Your Kindle the text quickly fades out. I plug the Kindle again to the computer just to find the .bin file was deleted. I've tried restoring factory defaults, restarting... but my Kindle always deletes the file without even starting the update. My son told me to contact you, because he had no problems updating to 3.03 early preview.
Thanks.
Amazon's answer:
Quote:
Hello,

I'm sorry for the problems you had. I checked your account and see that you are having 3.0.4 software version on your Kindle. You don't need to update software on your Kindle.

Your problem with Wi Fi would be easier to help you over the phone. You can reach us by phone directly and toll free from many countries by clicking the Contact Us option on our Kindle Support pages at:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport

We hope you can call us soon so we can help solve this problem quickly.
Although the Kindle says 3.02 is installed, it seems it's in fact 3.04.

New features? Well, the WiFi seems to enable automagically =)

So I just have to solve the WiFi issue.

I still haven't called Amazon, it's 1.20 AM here.

Will post further news.

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.
korrosiv is offline   Reply With Quote