View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #7
pwjone1
Bookie
pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
uhhhh maybe it's just me, but that 2nd link was 7 feb and was for the Kindle 2
My fault, followed a link of the article, then pasted the too link. Correct link should be:

http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/2009...uts-wednesday/

This explains that Pace is Pace University, in a little more detail, giving more context to the text book operation.

There's subsequently an article out in the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124146996831184563.html

(now, keep in mind, WSJ and NYT are in a bit of a wrestling death match at the moment, so this gives more emphasis to the the text-book aspect, so the NYT newspaper aspect is pushed to the end, a newspaper way of saying "please don't read this".)

Since the 9.7" size leaked out in the source code, that seems likely.

Amazon has obviously lined up content for the Kindle 3, text book publishers, NYT, I'm guessing a lot of the other newspapers, also. If text books is critical to them, they need to announce now, so that the books are converted to the new format, come fall. Defeats the purpose, if you cannot get the books to put on the thing, come the semester (student substitute for the "Dog eat my homework" of "eBook is not available yet" will probably have as much traction with the professors). Does say that it has a full out web browser. If it really does 9.7" and PDFs, then it will probably gobble up the market. I would have killed for one of these things back in college. But we'll just have to wait and see what Amazon does actually announce.

Paul Jones
pwjone1 is offline   Reply With Quote