View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post
yeah, i am new to android but from what i noticed, some apps will install in a centralized location, some out of it, some in both spots. some of the games like asphalt6 does this. if you delete the app thru whatever method, you end up missing the bulk of the app files it installed to the device. I havent seen a app that can do this all for you, you've got to get a file explorer app and as someone said, hunt down these folders and manually delete. Very, very, extremely dissapointed about this feature of android as I like things to stay tidy.

i'm using es explorer for this, the default folder screen it boots in to will typically show these extra folders these apps install. given our size constraints on the fire with 8gb, this will become a headache over time unless your vigilante in your maintenance whn removing apps.
It's actually pretty simple. Apps are installed in the data partition and their data is stored there too. This is automatically removed by android when you uninstall the app. additionally the app can store data in the SD card, usually when it is large amounts like a game. As the SD card is FAT, android has no means to determine ownership so can't delete the data and has to be manually deleted.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote