View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #3
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
I have this problem on my K3 (and previously on my DX) and I just cannot understand why Amazon refuses to fix it. There is a work-around - I'm afraid I do not remember whom I should credit, sorry - that involves disabling the index. Unless you have a need to frequently search within books, there's no real downside.

How-to:

At the home screen, press del to get a text box. You need to do this for each command.

Type ;debugOn then press enter [Capital O; the text-box will disappear, nothing will appear to have happened]

Check debug status by typing ~help. This will list the debug commands.

Enter the command ~disableIndexing [capital I] and enter

Finally, enter ;debugOff and enter. Check by typing ~help again. If you get a list of commands, then debug is still on, otherwise your k3 will search for this string.

Debug and disableIndexing do not persist across reboots. If you make a mistake or just get lost, simply do a reboot to get back to normal.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote