View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader View Post
Many of the books here or Gutenberg or Feedbooks (and Manybooks and...) are also available, sometimes with better formating, for a price at Fictionwise and other places. Sometimes people are just willing to pay for ease of use when they could get the same thing, or something very similar, at no charge.
I entirely agree that, if significant work is done is tidying up formatting, or putting together a compilation of difficult-to-find material, then that can certainly be worth paying for. What I have "issues" with are the people who just reproduce PG material, completely "unimproved", and charge for that. I know there's nothing illegal about it, but to profit from something that you've been given free of charge is, I feel, a little questionable morally. It's just a personal opinion - I know that others will probably disagree, and I've no problem with that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote