View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 03:51 PM   #30
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@kovid: referring back to the ideas we discussed in January:

I built a test implementation that uses a "popup:" action in the link field to open an information dialog to display the contents. I added invoking the rich text editor (CommentsDialog) in the context menu of the links field to make it easier to set it. The result: the rich text document is displayed when the link on the item is clicked. Including images, as long as they are file:// urls.

This might be a way to go forward with the original idea. The link field can refer to whatever the user wants: another library, a web site, a local "description document", or whatever. The methods can be intermixed.

The "description document" rich text editor could cache images locally (as we discussed). Cleanup can happen when a table line is removed (a trigger, again as you suggested).

I haven't submitted these changes.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote