View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 10:03 AM   #127
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
A sad story for me, when reading my paperback of The Night Land.

I got to the end of a perfectly good looking paperback (everything intact), to discover the last 100 or so pages were missing...

I hunted high and low to get a replacement so I could finish the story, but all I eventually found, was that edited version, second hand, with all the thees and thous replaced. So I was forced to use that to finish the story .... I was not a happy chappy, but at least I was able to finish the story.
It seems to me that you just explained exactly why a moron edition of LOTR is a bad idea. And I agree, that is a sad story.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote