View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 09:32 AM   #129
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I don't want an e-reader that "looks, feels, and behaves like books." Books take two hands to hold open. I don't need to see both pages at the same time, as I can only read one at a time. The ease of holding a lightweight Kindle, Kobo, etc. improves the reading experience for me.

As far as the science of backlighting...I am totally capable of set the lighting on my iPhone 7+ or Mini many different ways, as well as the text and background colors. I've tried different apps that offer more color choices and other options as well. But nothing makes them as pleasant to read on in a totally dark bedroom as my Oasis or Kobo.

White text on a black background with the light turned all the way down is still blindingly bright to my eyes. It's like little shards of light coming at me, and I have about a 10 minute tolerance, regardless of settings.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote