View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 10:23 AM   #9
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I know a lot of PDF readers let you automatically crop out margins, but while this will account for pre-defined margins, it won't work for scanned pages, nor will it let you crop out headers and footers. What I like about GoodReader is that it lets you manually define the area you want to crop out.
Zoom-locking should work on scans also, either on the scanned pages without ocr layer or with ocr layer behind the page image (so that text can be highlighted, copied and searched).

E.g. In older versions of Foxit we can use zoom-locking only in vertical continuous scrolling mode, first we use pinch-zooming with two fingers to zoom in at a desired margin width, takes about 1/2 second or less, and then we have to choose zoom-lock in the menu, to lock the zoom for all the (vertically scrolled) pages.

I don't mind using pinch-zooming for zooming-in on every (scanned) page, because it takes me just 1/3 of second or less, but those who want to also get rid of headers and footers should use the crop-mode instead (by adjusting the rectangle box), this is also the way to keep the same zooming level during the horizontal page flipping in older Foxit and similar pdf readers that do not keep the same zooming level for the next page.

In Goodreader, newer Foxit etc. we can crop margins separately for the odd and even pages, which is useful for the scanned pages.

Last edited by Marinolino; 06-14-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote