View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #141
ereszet
Zealot
ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 Archos 704 wifi
Perfect results in Ubuntu 7.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacapee View Post
New build uploaded. Fixed threading bug that causes it to hang occasionally under linux. Fixed TOC. Erosion now works sensibly with small images (like those of comic strips). Can also go down to 2 colors.

DrMoze - try this version - I still cannot reproduce your bug. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
I tested pdf and djvu documents. No problems, just some warning messages when processing pdf (may be a pdf problem - Google pdf books have various problems in other programs as well).

The first warning message is about fonts (Cannot find etc. - I don't care about that as long as the end result is perfect)
The second warning is:
Processing page: 65, Progress: 31
21654 extraneous bytes after segment

But again the end result is perfect. As for speed, pdf was slow, djvu was fast (different documents though).
I will do some speed comparisons Ubuntu/DOS in the next few days.

For your consideration:
I assume that you convert pdf/djvu to images, then you process the images and convert them to lrf. Therefore, I assume again that it is not a huge problem for you to include an option to output processed images. That would be a nice thing to have since images in Sony can be scaled up (e.g. a picture of a road map improved through your algorithm). And of course, once I have the beefed up images, I can always convert them to pdfs and use them with all kind of readers, not only Sony.