Thread: Wanted features
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #54
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Bootup Logo Folder & A Shutdown Logo Folder ???

I am wondering if it would be possible to have both a startup and shutdown Logo Folders. Or a 'Bootup' and 'Shutdown' folder support within the Logo Folder. It would makes things a lot nicer. I will give an example of why it would be a better Pocketbook world with two different folders (processes).

I have a set of sequential images that I use on bootup. Some here have probably heard of them, MondrianBoot. I really like how it boots up and how it uses multiply images to make it seem like the bootup is actually happening or whatever it does instead of just a single static picture. There is 10 images. So you put the device setting on random and its good to go.

But if you want to set your device to shutdown using a specific logo. And its not one of the above 10 images above it still has to go into the single Logo folder. It then messes up the sequential bootup images. And if you have say 5 or 8 different specific shutdown images you like to use depending on your mood then it can really jack up the MondrianBoot process.

Is that making sense to anyone? I am afraid I am going to get everyone confused by trying to explain this lol.

I thought maybe there would be some folder support inside the Logo Folder like 'Bootup', 'Startup' or 'Shutdown'. Which would solve the above issue. But I already tried putting my images into folders within the Logo Folder and and that didn't work, only the bookland image came up after that. Which I assumes means there is no folder support inside the Logo Folder. Or I did it wrong or used improper names. I even tried a MondrainBoot folder as well.

Anyway I just think it would be a great feature to be able to have more control of your startup and shutdown images. I know its seems like a silly feature compared to some of the more needed features. But I still think it would be a great feature to have. And the more I can make the device specifically mine the better.

Vote for this and I will give you karma!

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-21-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote