Thread: Audiobooks?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Audiobooks?

I borrowed my first audiobook from the library last weekend. I have to say the experience was less than ideal. First, it was WMA format, and I couldn't get it on my kindle or my tab. Then, even though I finished it by the next day, it cannot be returned early.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if I enjoyed the experience. It was snowing last weekend, and I had no intention of shoveling until the snow quit. So I put my jammies back on, put a log in the fire, picked up my knitting and started the audiobook. I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy it, it was just strange. All this time, I felt I should be READING, not listening. Listening was for people who couldn't read. This makes very little sense, because I usually watch TV while I am knitting, which is definitely a bigger waste of time.

I understand the lure of audiobooks for those who have long commutes. But I'm sure there are other places where audiobooks make sense. When do you listen to audiobooks? Any tips to get into audiobooks?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote