View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #17
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
If I am in the field on a job, I will write in a restaurant. The room seems too lonely.

At home, I have a desk and computer in each of 2 rooms. My work room and my study (writing room) where I have most of my reference material. Still for a change I might use the kitchen table or even lay up in the bed if I am physically tired or under the weather.

I usually take 2 vacations a year. Usually the first is in the winter and occurs in warm sunny waters somewhere. I only write when my wife is asleep then, because that is her time.
The second vacation is usually my time, and she doesn't go because it is in the wild. It is amazing how after a hard day getting to where you want to be and then after another hard day of climbing, hunting or fishing, when you are finally by the fire at night, how ideas stream into your head. Usually not fine detailed finish writing, but outlining and brainstorming.

The important thing is to find a place where everything clicks!
I have found over the years that an assortment of places works best for me.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote