View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #52
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see those PDF's. I don't want to see DRM either, yet it is forced upon me, and the option is to not buy if I don't like it.
Oh, I would actually *like* to have a reader that could handle pdfs. I would like to be able to read (/search/annotate) articles from academic and scholarly journals that are only available as pdfs at present. I don't imagine I'm going to have much luck persuading journal editors to switch electronic formats when they have a backlist going back years and often more than a decade in pdf.

However, that doesn't mean that I agree pdf is the best format for ebooks, as Sonist appeared (I thought) to be saying.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote