View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #24
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What he was mentioning is a bug where an overly long paragraph gets split up and displayed over multiple pages with lots of blank space. It has nothing to do with the widows and orphans setting.

In one book I have (Zenna Henderson's Pilgrimage), there is a paragraph that takes just shy of 4 full pages in the paperback edition I've owned for several decades. On my Aura with my font choice. size and margin settings, it should take slighly over 3 pages. Instead, I get a page with 17 lines, a page full of text and then two pages with about 20 lines each. If I edit the ebook with Sigil and split the paragraph at what I think is a reasonable point, the display on the ereader looks fine. If I rename the ebook to .kepub.epub, the ACCESS renderer on the Kobo has no issues with that paragraph.

Regards,
David
sorry, didn't realize it was not the same thing, I don't remeber seeing that problem, maybe I've been lucky or I saw it and forget it, that same times happens, when I'm too immerse in the book I don't register some things
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote