View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamuel View Post
"We can not find this item." And yes, it is "can not" instead of "cannot." I hate spelling and grammar mistakes in system error messages.
There is no requirement in English grammar or spelling conventions for it to be "cannot" - it just happens to be more common than "can not" at the moment, though not as common as "can't", of course. However, if pressed, most English teachers seem to go with "can not" as the correct version (I know mine all did, though that was 25 and more years ago).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote