View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #23
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Organize, Sync & Read All Your eBooks Books Across All Devices | Calibre Alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizj1 View Post
Sounds good Dwayne, I will definitely keep playing with this.

On the subject of displaying metadata, have you considered the use case of a user with many books and a poor memory "shopping" their library for something to read? Rather than, say, searching for a specific book, I imagine scrolling through my library with maybe a pop-up window with the full metadata, including the publisher's blurb (if I have loaded it in the description) making finding a book enjoyable.

Looking at your bookstore, I feel that the data there is very sparse, probably not enough for an unfamiliar book to grab me. I see that I could read a sample, but I need to be somewhat engaged before I will do that. Have you considered making the descriptions richer?

It certainly looks promising!

Liz

Hi Liz,

Finding books in a large collection/library - Even though we do not display all meta information immediately to the user. Your able to browse books by author, tags and categories. When the reader searches their library all related meta data gets searched. However, we do have plans to redo the interface to make filtering and organizing via metadata easier. I will be sure to reach out to you for feedback once the mocks are ready.

Books on Store - For the books that have been uploaded by publishers or self-published authors they specify the book description and determine when to enable sampling. However we do plan to enhance this by displaying related highlights and comments from other readers that have already read the book.

Best.
Dwayne
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote