Thread: Firmware Update Firmware update 5.9.2.0.1
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #9
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
Well I don't know what it did to Voyage except it did move where you find the update your kindle for manual install. You find it now in Settings, Device Options, Advanced Options. There is Storage Management there now, don't know if it was in there previously. And it rebooted....hope this isn't a new trend.

And lost my page on reboot and started at the beginning..luckily I could resync it to last page read.
Storage Management is new for this update on my Voyage according to Menu* | Settings | Menu |Device Info / What's New

I've always manually updated by going to Menu |Settings |Menu |Update Your Kindle.

I had no issues of it retrieving the last page I was on in my current read.

My Kindle rebooted twice during the process... better than the number of reboots my Win10 PC did during its latest update!

* Menu = the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote