View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Cryoburn CD on Fifth Imperium

Visiting the Fifth Imperium recently, I noticed that the Cyroburn CD is not linked anymore.

Comment on the sidebar:

Quote:
Server Date: 2012-07-05 18:48:11

Thanks for all the notes regarding the Cryoburn CD.

Yes, it was removed deliberately and by request.

No, it's not likely coming back.

Yes, I was asked by Toni over at Baen.

No, it was not her idea.
I'm now more than curious about the reasoning. If it wasn't Baen's idea, that leaves the author or her agents.

The original CD (which I do have) has the following statement:

Quote:
What’s the catch? This disk and its contents may be copied and shared, but NOT sold. All commercial rights are reserved. That’s it.
Anybody on Ms. Bujold's list heard anything about this? I joined her list a few months ago, but the noise level was *way* to high and dropped it after about a week.

Edit: Yes, that title should be Cryoburn not Cyroburn.

Last edited by jgaiser; 08-20-2012 at 09:48 PM.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote