Thread: Add dictionary?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:44 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabel View Post
A pity none of the answers here comments on the second part of my question, about the way dictionaries are used. Having to open a dictionary and typing in a word on the touch-screen keyboard is not my idea of 'user-friendly'. In contrast, on my device I simply tap on a word while reading a book and a short entry from the 'standard' dictionary (explanation or translation) appears in a window underneath the page. One more tap expands the entry to full page and allows changing the dictionary (while still retaining the same word-entry).
That's exactly the way it works on other touch-screen devices, too.

Quote:
(By the way: there is just no way at all I could have known beforehand which dictionaries would come with my Sony. This is especially annoying in Europe - but that's another story.)
Sure there's a way: ask right here. That's what we're here for.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote