View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
To each their own, and to lack the imagination to see that is rather sad. Thankfully some are imaginative and innovative or we would still be in the dark ages...
Sorry, Jack, I honestly don't know what you mean by that. Have you seen the "iBooks" application running on an iPad? It displays one page in portrait orientation, and two side-by-side pages in landscape orientation. I just don't "get" the appeal of the side-by-side-landscape view, though; it looks like a paper book, yes, but it's actually less effective to read from. There's a lot more white space on the page (because of the gap between the two pages) so you actually end up having to do more page turns. It's not a question of "lack of imagination", but of having tried this way of reading and found that I don't like it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote