View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 05:31 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Anyway, it looks like this is how CC is designed and I know how to get the work done, so it is not a problem. But it would be better to have it working even with 3g on.
This isn't actually under CC's control. All the 3g box does is tell CC to go ahead and try to connect even if WiFi is off. It doesn't say anything about which networks are enabled or which network to use. CC simply asks Android to connect to the supplied IP address. Android will select a network that has the most chance of connecting to that address. In your case, for some reason it is selecting the public network.

The "supplied IP address" can come from whatever you put in the connection setup, from mDNS (bonjour), and from CC's broadcast. The address in the box has priority and CC will try that first. If that is a public address then the attempt will go out over the cell network. If you checked the box "Try auto-connect even if IP address is given" then CC will try any address that comes back from mDNS or the broadcast.

I note that Android thinks your WiFi is broken. I don't know what it says to CC in that case. Send yourself a CC debug log. That will tell you what IP address CC ended up trying to use, and possibly why.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote