View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #1674
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmond View Post
Yes, I have the latest firmware.

But where do you set utf-8? For the system font I couldn't find such a setting: there is only the font choice and nothing else.
No, no... you're right, you can only set UTF-8 when you are reading the book.
The only thing left is that the ebook is not set to UTF-8, but that's part of the inner code.
Even when I change the encoding in an open ebook, going back to my library the title shows properly. And that's because the ebook is UTF-8 encoded.

It happens with all your ebooks, or with one in particular?
If you have your language set to Italian (or any Latin-1) and the last update I am out of ideas of where the problem could be...

Are you sure you have tried all the fonts that come with the update. Because I've tired a lot of them and in my M92 everything shows properly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
There are some font families that have problems with accented characters as those in Spanish, French, Italian ... at least in Coolreader and Fbreader (not applicable to Pdfreader as you can't choose font there)
So I suppose it could be the same in system menu
But that would only affect the content or the icons' name not the ebook's name.
If it happens no matter what font he chooses, is a problem related to ebook encoding, not related to the content or the language chosen.
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote