View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I've only read some by Catherynne M. Valente and not the one listed. I really like her writing, but it's more folklore fantasy than the rest that is in the list. A very different read than the usual trilogy stuff.
I've only just *discovered* Ms. Valente because I've been going through the Hugo short fiction shortlist. Her Novella Silently and Very Fast was my favorite of the six under consideration. And just because of that I'm now reading The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, which is a fun little read.

And I agree, the list is missing a lot of very good female authors.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote