Thread: Glo Kobo Night Mode
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 07:55 PM   #809
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeisart View Post
working on my Clara HD with the latest 4.9.11311 firmware. I've got the toggleNightMode brightness set to 3% and left the enableNightMode and disableNightMode at their default 12% and 13% brightness respectively, all of which work after waiting for 7 seconds, which I set the timeout to.

I uninstalled it once because I thought it wasn't working but maybe I just wasn't waiting long enough after setting the appropriate brightness? It worked the second time though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadbug View Post
Would you be so kind as to post some instructions on how you installed it? Especially on the part that regards the activation/deactivation of night mode, as the Clara HD does not have a button for the light. From what I was able to find, I will need to install KoboLauncher to activate/deactivate night mode, but I found no explanations on how to use KL to turn night mode on or off.

In my Kobo Glo (recently deceased due to an unfortunate accident), I used the light button, pressing it for a second longer to turn night mode on/off. I got the new Clara HD to replace the Glo and am missing dearly night mode.

Thank you in advance for your help.
As mentioned, the configuration file uses some of the settings for the brightness slider to trigger night mode. The defaults in the nightmode.ini file are 11% = toggleNightMode, 12% = enableNightMode, 13% = disableNightMode. Timeisart changed the 11% to 3% to toggle nightmode. Basically change the brightness level to 11% and wait for 7 or so seconds and nightmode will toggle. Ditto with 12% and 13% for the on/off. You might want to double check that you have the newest version from gtalusan's github page. The link today was kobo-nightmode_build13.zip.

I haven't tried this on an Clara since I don't own one but on an Aura One, you still need to force inverted mode in nightmode.ini, the toggles don't seem to work. At one point, this was explained as to how the Aura One handled the brightness levels due to ComfortLight Pro and the auto control. If I'm going to force inverted mode, I might as well just edit Kobo eReader.conf to add the invert setting there.

To install nightmode, copy the koboroot.tgz file from the installer directory in the .zip file to the .kobo directory, safe eject and watch your Clara restart and install. Once it is installed, you can edit the nightmode.ini file in the .kobo directory to change the options.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
InvertScreen=true

Last edited by DNSB; 08-02-2018 at 02:50 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote