View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 07:47 AM   #62
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I don't really care if making use of an audiobook is called listening or reading. It's just a word.

I just wish I could enjoy audiobooks more. I find it very hard to keep my concentration up when listening to one in a car (the only place I've ever tried one). Maybe I just have stumbled across poor narrators. But many of then just seem to drone on and on. Others place emphasis on words, or do voice tricks (try to speak in a high pitch, etc.) that I find extremely annoying. Several of the books I've tried have British narrators. I have nothing against the British, but the accent is distracting to me.

With audiobooks, my mind wanders, and I find I've missed a lot of the story as time goes on. I could never finish an audio novel. Short stories are challenge enough. I wish this wasn't the case. But it is for me. So I prefer reading with my own eyes.
Same here. I've tried a lot, but they just don't work for me. At some point, I figure out that I've not been paying any attention at all for quite some time. I can't stay engaged. I wish it was different.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote