View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 10:34 AM   #23
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
The ebook store reader app (iBook, Kindle and Kobo) is good enough for the vast majority of people
But that is precisely why we need to insist that their alternatives are clearly better than them. We don't need another iBooks, a slight variation of it, only slightly less inept than iBooks, right? What would be the point? We need an app, an alternative to iBooks or Kindle, at which we can confidently point our finger and say: "Here, this is a professional app for you to use. Forget about iBooks or Kindle – that's for the kids, for the casual reader or user, or for Grandma and Grandpa. Professional users turn to a different e-reader."

I'd love if I could one day confidently say that about Marvin (or any of the other competitors). But how could I say that about Marvin today, when Marvin even lacks some features offered by iBooks, including an essential feature like highlights and annotations syncing?

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote