View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 08:20 AM   #1993
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I finished up the two Cordelia books and the first Miles Vorkosigan book, which were plenty entertaining. Then, craving some fantasy, I took yet another stab at The Wheel of Time, and lo and behold, it grabbed me! Every time I've tried to start The Eye of the World in the past, I've been thoroughly put off by the melodramatic prologue and the coming-of-age shtick, but this time I persevered through the early bits and settled into the faux-archaic prose style and found the old-school D'n'D feel pretty engaging.

Right now I'm back in Vorkosigan with The Vor Game, but still feeling more of a fantasy mood. My eyeball read right now is Consider Phlebas, which has my space opera needs well met. I still want to finish The Vor Game before the loan runs out, then probably jump back into WoT.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote