View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #1985
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Still going back and forth on whither to pull the plug and move on or finish The Sword of Summer. I'm going to be driving around a bit tomorrow, so by the end of the day, I should have my mind made up. Part of the reason I want to finish it is because I've already purchased the second book in the series, part of it is because there have been other books where the reader finally caught their stride after the first hour or so.

Reading an audiobook (or narrating as I like to call it) is different than reading from a picture book for a bunch of pre-K kids. Narrating is more using a natural speaking cadence like you are telling a story around a fire, while reading for a bunch of pre-K, the cadence tends to be more staccato as you carefully pronounce each word. The reader in this book started out staccato, but over the last chapter has been more natural.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote