View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Validated Secure DE works on SONY (EPUB /PDF)

Hi All

I just validated that the new Firmware does support secure ePub and secure PDF.

Books on board has a free sample to test before you buy. Yesterday they had a problem with one of their sample books "Hot" they replaced it with a book called "The Year of the Dog".

For the Secure PDF I viewed a secure book I had previously purchased "Seven Indicators that move the Markets". Again the book was viewable on the Reader.

An aside, epub layout looks great. There seems to be great support for CSS and fonts and embedded images, making the reading experience great. However on the down side epub books don't look as crisp as LRF or PDF. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or if this is observed by others. The comparison was made using viewing the same book. Both formats where downloaded from Feedbooks. One used the default epub books and the other was a customized PDF downloaded by Feedbooks. (The customized setting reduced the margin size, font size and used Helvetica fonts)

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 07-30-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Updated last paragraph for clarity
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote