View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 03:44 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsi18 View Post
- no support for epub books (which is what my entire library is currently in, but I use Calibre and do know how to convert books etc, I just wonder if this will continue to be a pain, particularly if libraries start to work with epub)
It's only an issue if you have a need to read ePub books (obviously). Every book that's available as ePub is also available in Kindle format.

Quote:
- not a touch screen (I'm so used to my iphone now!)
True but irrelevant.

Quote:
- unable to expand the storage (can't decide if this is an issue or not?)
Not an issue. The Kindle can store 3000+ normal-size eBooks. This should be sufficient for most people.

Quote:
- I haven't found any reviews or discussions about the menu system on the Kindle - can you search for a certain book? Does it order books by author or title or both? Can you group books by series? Can you mark a book off as "read"?
1. Yes, you can search, and this will return matches on authors, titles, and text within a book.

2. You can order by author or title.

3. No ordering by series, but you can have "Collections". These are tags, so you can have a collection for each series if you wish.

4. You could add a "Read" collection, and put a book in that collection once you've finished it. Alternatively, you could simply delete the book.

Quote:
- Does anyone have the cover with the light in it? Does it add a lot to the overall weight? Would you recommend it (when travelling, I'm often in poor light, not an issue with the iphone, but I imagine it will be an issue with e-ink)?
The lighted cover works beautifully. I love it.

Quote:
- Do you find the buttons for turning a page convenient? Is it very noisy?
It works fine. Not "noisy" in the least.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote