View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 09:40 PM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I don't currently have a stylus that works with the Aura One (needs capacitive?). My Sony PRS-650 used infra-red touch, and so its stylus doesn't work - I tried it just to be sure, and my graphics tablet stylus was also a no go.

Despite my joke about Homer's fat fingers, my fingers are quite slender. Also, I've tried doing the touch from various orientations (device rotated 90, 180 and 270 degrees) to check that it's not just picking up on something peculiar to my finger shape or electrical properties. The inconsistent inaccuracy remains consistent with how it was described. To give a more accurate measurement:

If I tap on the "a" of the "Aa" button I most often get the "..." menu pop up. If I tap on the "A" of the "Aa" button then usually I do get the Font control pop up. Tapping between the "A" and "a" of the "Aa" gives me a fairly random selection.

If it was completely consistent it would be less of a problem ... but it does seem to be happening enough that betting on the offset will probably make for the smoothest operation.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote