View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #2403
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The Bear Wagon is the 7th in the Stephen Attebrook series by Jason Vail, and is free right now at Kindle US. I'm not sure about Hawk Publishing as a self-pub or not, but I have read the first six titles in the series, and enjoyed them - not in my top ten series, but enjoyed them. So I'm happy to see Wagon available for free.

link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076337YRY

Spoiler:
Quote:
The war that England had feared for months begins during the summer of 1263 not with a clash of great armies, but with little spasms of violence across the land as small bodies of troops loyal to the barons gathering around Simon de Montfort and King Henry III attack their foes here and there about the country.

Even such a minor family as the Attebrooks of Hafton Manor cannot avoid being drawn in, as Stephen Attebrook’s elder brother, William, takes part in an assault on a castle held by the Bishop of Hereford, one of the King’s staunch supporters.

But the coming war is the last thing on Stephen’s mind that June. For a dead girl whom no one can identify is found floating in the River Teme at the Dinham mill, drowned under circumstances that only the most addle-witted could think was anything but murder.

There is no time, however, for Stephen and his friend Gilbert Wistwode to devote to the fate of that poor girl, for an even more pressing dilemma is forced upon them — unknown ruffians traveling with a bear wagon have kidnapped Stephen’s niece, Ida, William’s daughter.

Despite the bad blood between the two brothers, William seeks Stephen’s assistance it finding Ida. And so begins the desperate pursuit of the bear wagon across England, reaching to the depths of London itself and far into Norfolk, as Stephen races to find Ida before she meets a fate worse than murder. “The Bear Wagon” is the story of Stephen’s most complex and dangerous adventure yet.
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote