View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
kindle 3 hardware hacking (micro usb & sd card)

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone moded their kindle 3. The first mod I am looking to experiment with is to change the kindle connector to a normal mini usb connection. I wouldn't think it's too hard and the pinout is almost the same - the mini connector cable are simply more available.

The second one would be a lot trickier if not imposible, but I was wondering if it has been done to add a micro sd card reader to the kindle 3? that would really kick some serious ass but would be probably quite hard.

Any other modder out there ? I searched trough the forum and mostly found software hack and no hardware hack atm.

edit

I found some discussion on the board that lead nowhere:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=94548&page=4

/edit
thanks!

Last edited by damaru; 03-14-2012 at 05:59 PM.
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote