View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
But, I like the k3 form factor because the extra space on the bottom makes it easier for me to hold it.
This.

I plan to upgrade pretty soon, but my experience with trying other people's newer, keyboard-less models has not been very promising in the "how I prefer to hold the device" department. There will most definitely be a period of adjustment.

As for actually using the physical keyboard ... all the time. Love it. I do a lot of proofing of the ebooks I create/fix, so it's very handy for me. I make notes of corrections that need to be made. No need to "call up" a virtual keyboard that covers an even larger chunk of the screen (keyboard + the text-box); just move the cursor and start typing.

I'll probably always keep my older Kindle around for proofing purposes, and use the newer one just to read on—if I can adjust to a form-factor that assumes infant-sized hands (as opposed to the paws that I have), that is.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-18-2012 at 06:20 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote