View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I've read the whole Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger and I highly recommend it. I would describe the books as a Victorian comedy of manners with supernatural creatures and romance. They are also laugh-out loud funny. There are definitely steampunk elements, not so much in the first and last book, but pretty strong in the second, third and fourth. It's a quite a mash-up. Alexia Tarabotti, the heroine, is fantastic and hilarious, and her romance with Conall, the alpha werewolf of London, is, hmm, well, hard to describe, but the romantic elements are strong and run throughout the series. As a romance reader, you won't be disappointed, although the romance is not the focus of the books.
It's nice when a story has romantic elements in it and the focus point is more on the plot than the relationship. I think this is why I enjoy Cozies that have a touch of romance but not too much.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote