View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
jimplasticguy
jimplasticguy began at the beginning.

Device: None
I love short sci-fi for quick reads. I have been a bit dissatisfied with Analog on Kindle, primarily due to formatting (if you are going to charge me that much, you could make it easy to navigate) and DRM issues. Amazon does not treat magazines the same as books, and with the new firmware, I can't De-DRM so that I can put all of them on my new Kindle that replaced my broken one under warranty. They are not available for perpetual download to new devices. Only the last 6 issues or so.

As I was looking for a better solution, I found Baen's Universe. Sadly, Jim Baen passed away shortly after the launch of the magazine. It aimed to have twice the volume of work as similar publications, pay descent rates to writers, and attract top talent.

Baen's Universe ended it's run April 2010. It looks to me like there are 24 quality issues. You can subscribe to it for 30 bucks, and receive rights to download as much as you want of them, DRM free, for one year. That is a great deal. I am getting ready to do it.

Here is a list of all the issues available. http://baens-universe.com/issues/

Jim
jimplasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote