View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #130
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Okay here are my impressions of the Fire Phone. It's a very nice Phablet. display is very nice. Text rendering is just as good as the Nexus 7 not as good as the Kindle Fire 6. It's a fast little thing. No freezes or slow ups. The tilt navigation will take some getting use to. I love the camera. I didn't get it for the Camera but the Camera is amazing! I must have snapped a dozen shots tonight. Love it has flash and a ton of settings. I have wanted a phone that lets me take a pic with a side button. This one does.

It's nice to hold and does not feel awkward. The voice recognition is pretty amazing. The speakers are crud. It's okay for voice but it sounds very muffled with music or sounds that are complex. The headphones that come with it are probably the best quality pair of ear buds I have own. The bass quality just blew me away. They are better than my Skull Candy. Not a fan of putting magnets in my ears though and they do get a little too warm.

This phablet makes a good media player and will easily replace my Samsung Galaxy Players. Prime Music is one of the features I got this for so happy to finally be able to enjoy it on the same account at my Amazon Music. It will also make a nice eReader something I didn't buy it for but the size is perfect for on the go. Moon+ and Mantano work great on it but you have to once again sideload them.

My biggest problem is the Carousel. This is a phone not a Kindle Fire. I don't need every book I own to be accessible, it feels like a huge step back to Kindle Fire 2011 days and I can only imagine how much battery is eaten loading all 12,000 books on there. My solution right now is Parental controls I have books block the only problem is that it blocks Audible too. I have to unblock to use it but until Amazon fixes this to show last 30 like the Kindle Fires do it's going to have to be this way.

There is no Favorites just a way to pin items in front of everything else.

Also if you like me and wondering where the heck the app drawer is which took me 30 minutes to find and I almost used MayDay to have them help but I would not let this phone beat me I figure it out you hold down the Home button to access the app drawer.

The home recommendations had to go and the first thing I did was turn on Parental controls so I don't accident buy something as the back button or should I say back swipe could do just that if not careful.

Now I can't say about the phone features yet. My Nano card isn't here yet so I will add part two when I can get the phone part all set up and try it out. I can tell I am going to miss my widgets alot.

Just to add I do like the keyboard and Silk seems to behave unlike the KFs where is just freezes.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-11-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote