View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
In another thread JSWINDEN posted pictures of his replacement PW at his comfortable low light level. I still saw plenty of defects in his REPLACEMENT.

When you folks get your replacements, we will finally know what is really happening. If the defects are still photographable, then either Amazon has a huge QC problem or they have injected a mass negative illusion on their unsuspecting customers.

If you still see defects on the replacement, then you may want to exchange your PW's for a Kindle Fire HD 7". That model uses LCD screens where the light can be dimmed without any adverse illusory effects.

I also ordered a Kindle Fire HD 7" 32 Gb which is expected to be delivered on Oct 25.

I use my Kindle Fire 1st Gen with the light dimmed all the way down. Its great but still shows light reflections if any overhead light source shines directly on it. Its useless in bright sunlight due to heavy glare even with the anti-glare screen.

My PW works for me just fine in bright sunlight and in dark rooms with my PW light setting always set at 22. Glare is not a problem with that unit.

Frankly, for just reading eBooks I much prefer my PW at light setting 22 over the Fire. I use the Fire for Android Apps, music and videos. I use it to read eBooks at my desk at night since the Marware custom cover for it opens to a great desk stand. The PW has no desk stand like that.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-08-2012 at 12:44 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote