Thread: B&N Fires CEO
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post

Please keep in mind, I'm not trying to minimize the seriousness sexual harassment, but I AM saying that the company statement does not fit the recent pattern of public behavior for such cases.
Precisely.
By now there is a standard script that everybody is following and as long as the identified transgressor is quickly and unceremoniously dumped and vilified, with a goodly supply of handwringing on the side, that will be the end of the matter for the employer. Even if the organization had to be well aware of the years-long behavior and ignored or even supported the individual. (C.f., NBC/Matt Lauer.) This script is pretty much required to prevent further inquiry.

It's like the now standard politician non-apology apologies. "Mistakes were made..." or "I'm sorry if anybody was offended..."

The firing here is way too discreet to fit the needs of the moment.
Just the fact that everybody is wondering why he was dumped means B&N is still in the crosshairs and everybody is waiting for the shoe store to empty out.

Last edited by fjtorres; 07-04-2018 at 03:01 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote