View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 04:49 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Never occurred to me to try DnDing a book onto itself.

If you DnD merge "Book A by Author X" into "Book B by Author Y", and check the Merge metadata option, the Title and Author columns in the target book are not updated to "Book B" and "Author Y".

If one also checks the option to delete the merged book you lose sight of the merged books Title and Authors columns, so you can't cut & paste* the cells.

Can't immediately think of a way around that, other than to do the cut & paste of the Title and Author before doing the merge.

*In this instance I'm thinking individual cell cut & paste via F2 edit, not the book line cut and paste, where I have author and title excluded.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote