Thread: HTTPS support?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #22
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Generally the problem with these spreadsheet links is that Google occasionally times out loading them or just slows down a lot. When it's too slow (the proxy client has a timeout value of 3s - we could set that to a higher number but that could lead to other negative side effects), the proxy considers the connection to have timed out until the next time you try loading it. Try this. Go to

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...78&postcount=9

And click on reload while holding your CTRL/STRG button. This will force reloading the images from the origin instead of loading from the browser cache. In other words, these specific images work and occassionally don't when the response from Google is too slow. My guess is that Google recalculates these graphs based on your spreadsheet every you load the image and that they only briefly cache them before recalcuating them. I can imagine this to be quite a hit on their servers. Is there a way to generate those images statically and only refresh them when new data is entered in the spredsheet?
Thank you! I had tried force-reloading the images but that didn't work for me yesterday, even when using multiple browsers that didn't have a local cached image.

I will check on getting a static image or I may just drop them entirely if they don't work reliably. When they first rolled out the feature it behaved similar to this but had been reliable for the last year plus.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote